DMM's top of the range all-round harness for women.
The free floating waist belt is simple but very effective – regardless of how many clothes you wear, or whether you are at the top or bottom of the sizing range, you will get a good fit with the gear loops, padding and belay loop all in the correct place.
The waist belt is constructed from high quality closed cell foam combined with a firm spreader plate. This gives excellent comfort and support, while the carefully sculpted shape allows freedom of movement, no matter how gymnastic things get.
The design improvements incorporated in the new Renegade are matched here too: DMM tweaked the generous seven loop gear racking system (five on the Puma XS and S) so that it will work better with both your winter and summer rack. The front gear loops on either side have had their orientation shifted to reduce bunching; this is particularly helpful on slabby ground or in constricted positions.
The Hypalon ice clipper attachment points have been modified so that you can use two of the clipper points without interfering with the standard gear loops. The harness can hold up to four ice clippers – more than enough racking space for the longest ice pitches!
The adjustable leg loops are fitted with Slide Lock buckles – these allow a large range of fit, but are also easy to adjust. This means you will be able to put your harness on after you’ve donned crampons without the usual awkward, frozen-fingered struggle. Another important design feature is the buckle shape. The coreneres are rounded off and kept the profile low – this makes them less likely to snag in constricted situations. The spare webbing tails are also kept neatly out of the way with elastic retainers.
And finally it’s worth mentioning a few of the micro features which make this such a special harness. They have used Cordura face fabric on the waistbelt and legs, ensuring extra durability. The tie-in points are also protected by an even tougher abrasion resistant webbing and the belay loop, even though it is thinner is still rated at a whopping 25kN.
- Top of the range all-round harness for women
- A floating waist pad that gives a perfect fit over an extended size range and allows the 7 gear loops (5 on XS and S) and belay loop to be positioned correctly
- Waist pad carefully shaped to maximise support yet allow freedom of movement
- Comfort and support from high quality foam and an internal load spreading plate
- Fully adjustable with Slide Lock buckles on both waist and legs to give a secure fit with stacks of adjustment potential
- Women-specific fit with a slightly longer rise and a smaller waist-to-leg size ratio
- Generous ice screw racking systems: up to four hypalon ice clippers
- Tie-in points all reinforced with tough, abrasion resistant webbing
- Thinner belay loop for better compatibility with small belay biners
- Narrow twin rear elastics, which can be detached for calls of nature
- Brand: DMM