Petz GRIGRI 2
Compact and lightweight, an assisted braking belay device for the experienced climber optimised for 9.4mm to 10.3mm dynamic single rope
Compact and lightweight for use with dynamic single rope between 9.4 and 10.3mm in diameter (though it is possible for use between 8.9mm to 11mm) The GRIGRI 2 is an assisted braking belay device designed for experienced climbers - a great tool to improve belay comfort when working a route and/or arresting a fall.
- Designed for experienced users:
- hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- it may be optimally used on all 9.4 to 10.3 mm dynamic single ropes (possible for 8.9 mm to 11 mm ropes)
- diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- compact and very light at 170 g
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the brake side of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- The GRIGRI 2's design allows for better descent control. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope.
- Weight: 170 grams