Petzl Quark Ice Axe
A versatile ice axe for technical mountaineering and ice climbing, a modular construction allows the Quark to be adapted to any situation
The Petzl Quark is a versatile ice axe, designed primarily for technical mountaineering and for ice climbing. Because of the head's modular construction, it adapts to any situation. The Quark ice axe is easy to use: its balance and its Ice pick allow solid placements on any type of ice. Hooking is more efficient, thanks to the clearance under the head and to the shape of the pick. The Griprest and the Trigrest hand rests ensure a comfortable, powerful grip adapted to leashless climbing.
- Without any accessories, the QUARK weighs only 460 g, making it an ultra-high performance ice axe for snow couloirs, for example
- Interchangeable ice pick is tapered at the tip (3 mm) for easy penetration, even in cold ice. Its shape allows stable hooking on both ice and rock
- Ergonomic over-molded handle provides a good grip, even for small hands, and insulation from the cold. The lower part of the shaft penetrates snow perfectly when the ice axe is used in piolet-canne (without the Griprest)
- Carabiner hole under the Griprest
- The Trigrest hand rest braces the hand and the index finger (easily adjustable without tools). The upper part, equipped with the grip, allows the user to comfortably switch hands. The lower trigger is used to brace the index finger to improve the stability of the ice axe and increase striking precision. It also serves as the locking lever of the Trigrest.
- Pick type: 2
- Shaft type: 2
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
- Ice axe sold with ICE pick, MARTEAU, TRIGREST and GRIPREST
|Length of shaft||48 cm||48 cm|
|Weight||550 g||550 g|