Versatile, functional and innovative with a unique guide mode pivoting loop
As a modern belay device, the DMM Pivot is an award winner. Designed to work with modern belaying techniques using modern ropes, it has been thoroughly researched and developed to ensure optimum performance belaying form the harness and in guide mode directly from the anchor.
Central to the design (and as the name suggests) there is a distinctive pivoting loop that allows easy but secure releasing and lowering of a locked off and hanging second. This patent pending pivot shifts the lever arrangement to allow controlled and easily initiated lowering in guide mode. If you belay (and lower...) seconds regularly in guide mode, the DMM Pivot would worth a look when looking for a new belay device.
Having the same internal geometry as the DMM Mantis it performs equally as well. Tapered and grooved rope slots provide smooth paying out while giving a secure and confident catch, hold and lower across a great rope range - 7.3mm - 11mm.
Pivot Belay Device Features
- Multi-use lightweight belay device
- Pivot ensures easy rope control, especially when lowering in guide mode
- Only 72 grams
- Recommended with the DMM Rhino Carabiner for smooth action in guide mode
- Compatible with half ropes from 7.3mm to 9.2mm
- Compatible with single ropes from 8.7mm to 11mm
Be the first to review this product.Write a review