The DMM Spectre 2 is the perfect option if you prefer the handling qualities of a larger biner. It’s certainly big enough to work well if you are wearing winter gloves. It works well as a racking biner, - can be colour coded to match your cams, hexes or whatever system you use.
Some subtle, but important changes have been made from the original Spectre carabiner. For example it has a safer, deeper ‘rope basket’ – that being the techy term for the crook of the biner in which the rope sits during a fall.
The design has also been tweaked so it works better with modern skinny Dyneema. This means that the quickdraw tape sits in a neat and correctly aligned position.
Finally - the Spectre 2 is only 33g – that’ll be 3g lighter than the original Spectre. After all, every little bit counts in the weight saving game.
- Classic all round wire gate biner
- Lightweight I-Beam construction
- Safer, deeper rope basket
- Easy to handle back shape
- Generous 8.5mm rope radius
- Modified nose profile to protect the gate
- Available as the Spectre 2 Colour pack, which includes 5 different colours
- Also available as a Spectre 2/Shadow 11mm dyneema quickdraw in 12cm or 18cm lengths
|Variant||Strength (Gate Closed)||Strength (Gate Open)||Strength (Minor Axis)||Gate Opening||Weight|
|Spectre 2 BLT||24kN||9kN||8kN||25mm||33g|
|Spectre 2 Blue||24kN||9kN||8kN||25mm||33g|
|Spectre 2 Green||24kN||9kN||8kN||25mm||33g|
|Spectre 2 Gold||24kN||9kN||8kN||25mm||33g|
|Spectre 2 Red||24kN||9kN||8kN||25mm||33g|
|Spectre 2 Purple||24kN||9kN||8kN||25mm||33g|